EPIT provide specialist training and assessment services for engineers and technicians working in hazardous and industrial environments.
Our portfolio of courses can be delivered from our custom built CompEx accredited centre in Blackburn, Aberdeen or on client specified locations in the UK or internationally.
Due to company expansion and the growing demand for our courses EPIT currently require dynamic and enthusiastic hazardous areas (Ex) trainer/assessors.
To provide electrical and instrumentation training and assessment services to engineers and technicians working in hazardous and industrial environments.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Responsible for training and/or assessing delegates attending courses
- Accountable for ensuring that the information provided to the candidate is accurate
Minimum qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant electrical/instrumentation background
- Knowledge and experience of hazardous environments & Ex equipment
- Knowledge and experience of Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- CompEx EX01-EX04 certificate or equivalent
- Willingness to travel and deliver/assess courses internationally
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- A1 assessor qualification (or equivalent)
- Electrical trainer/assessor experience
- CompEx approved trainer/assessor
- Proficient in new course development
Competencies and Behaviours required:
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Strong command of the English language (written & spoken)
- Ability to communicate well with others
This position would be ideally suited to a candidate located local to Aberdeen currently working/contracting on rotation within the Oil & Gas industry who is looking to further develop their knowledge and career in the subject of explosion protection in potentially explosive atmospheres.
Relevant training would be provided.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to Martin Constable, Operations Director: firstname.lastname@example.org