Ex Motor Repair & Overhaul - Advanced
Our competence based course, accredited by City & Guilds, is designed to give an in-depth understanding of the repair and overhaul of Ex electric motors for use in potentially explosive atmospheres. The course explains the inspection and repair requirements for different types of motors and the various tests that may need to be conducted to assist with condition monitoring. The course content also includes the legal and quality assurance responsibilities as detailed in the relevant CENELEC and IEC 60079 standards.
- Repair methods of Ex d, e & n type motors
- Performance tests—magnetic flux, partial discharge
- Motor load & no-load tests
- Motor Inspection, Mechanical: Ext/int. cooling, coupling, oil/greasing, bearing/housing, Electrical: Insulation, winding, PI, PD, phase rotation, auxiliary equipment
- Rewinding & windings treatment
- Rotor & stator types, checks, failures
- Rotor lining out & balancing
- Legal requirements & safe working practices
- Certification, documentation (reports & records) & labelling
- Quality assurance requirements
- Appreciation of manufacturers requirements
- Practical disassembly & Assembly of motors
- Written assessment
Personnel with electrical or mechanical background within industry who require to advance their existing competency and knowledge of the repair and overhaul of motors for use in hazardous areas. Also suitable for engineers/technicians engaged in the procedures for inspections and managers/supervisors involved with compliance of manufacturers documentation and quality assurance requirements.
Available upon request, please phone 01224 798635 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a suitable date.
Blackburn Industrial Estate
|Certification||A certificate of competence will be provided, valid for 5 years.|